Tracking Conversions on Facebook
What Exactly Is A Conversion?
A conversion is an action that a person takes on your website.
This could be anything you think is valuable to your business, from making a purchase, to registering for an event.
Conversion tracking, as the name suggests, tracks those actions. For example if you run a Facebook Ad selling a red dress, you can tell exactly how many of your purchases were made because of that Facebook Ad.
How Does it Work?
Facebook offers free conversion tracking as part of their advertising features. You can access this feature in the conversion tracking tool.
How tracking conversions on Facebook works.
- Facebook generates a unique tracking code called a conversion pixel.
- You add this pixel to the website page you want to track. You can do this yourself or you can email instructions to your website manager.
- You can add a value to each conversion so you know how much ROI you are getting.
- Facebook records each conversion for you and lets you know about it in your Ad Manager.
How do you set it up?
1.Go to your adverts manager and click Conversion Tracking on the left side.
2. Click Create Pixel.
3. Give your conversion pixel a name and select a category from the drop-down menu. Then Click ‘create a pixel’.
To Add To Your Website
To add your tracking pixel to your website yourself, Facebook provides the following instructions:
If you prefer to have your webmaster do this for you then:
- Go to the conversions tracking tab of your ads manager.
- Hover your mouse over the pixel you want to add to your website
- Then click on the email icon that appears. Facebook then give you the option of adding an email address to send the pixel to. You can also add a message. Then just click send pixel.
It is recommended that you use just one Tracking Pixel per page to avoid confusion.
Once you have your conversion tracking set up, you will then see this metric in your AdsManager.